All of our products and services are in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Nüpa ® health services and products are also in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) .
Baüne ® Ecosystem Inc. or (“Baüne®”) is a privacy first platform and we’re committed to keeping that trust and it starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. The following policy describes how the information about you
(the Data Subject: whether ‘you’ as a User, Business Partner and or Employee) will be used, how you can control your personal data and how to manage it.
This policy describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data. Please read this policy carefully along with our which highlights key points about our privacy practices.
We might update this Policy in the future, so please make sure to read it from time to time. For any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: January 12, 2022
Effective date: June 2, 2020
This policy applies to users of Baüne® services anywhere in the world, including users of Baüne® apps, websites, software, features, associates, or other services.
This policy describes how Baüne® and its affiliates collect and use personal data. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, software, features, associates, or other services anywhere in the world, unless covered by a separate and /or updated privacy notice. This notice specifically applies to:
- Users: It applies to any natural or legal person and or individual who requests or receives Baüne® services, including those who receive advertisement, products, services, goods and/or information requested by a third party.
- Business Partners: Individuals, corporations, agency and/or other body that stores, processes goods or services, who provide, or submit applications to Baüne® to provide retailing services to individually or through partner companies.
- Baüne® employees and partners: Individuals, public authority, agency and or other body who provide, or submit applications to Baüne® to provide and or receive Baüne® services.
This notice also governs Baüne®'s other collections of personal data in connection with Baüne®'s services but also to the monitoring of behavior of individuals. For example, we may collect, with strict user permission, the contact information of individuals who use accounts owned by Baüne® for business customers or we may collect other personal data in connection with our mapping technology and features.
All those subject to this notice are referred to as “users” in this notice.
In addition, please note the following:
- For users in Canada: Baüne® complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is a Canadian law relating to data privacy. It governs how private sector organizations collect, use and disclose personal information in the course of commercial business and applies to all personal data, health or otherwise regardless of the entity.
- For users in California: Baüne® follows the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a state-wide data privacy law that regulates how businesses all over the world are allowed to handle the personal information (PI) of California residents.
- For users in EU: Baüne® complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) (GDPR) that regulates in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). It also addresses the transfer of personal data outside the EU and EEA areas. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to users over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU.
- For users without an Baüne® account: The personal data of users who take advantage of our Baüne® services or applications including website or applications, arranged by the owners of an Baüne® account, is processed in accordance with our contract with the owner of that account, and not as otherwise described in this notice. Such processing may include sharing of user location data with the owner of that account. Please contact the owner of such account for more information.
Our data practices are subject to applicable to the highest standard of privacy laws in the places in which we operate. This means that Baüne® engages in the most stringent practices where one of the Laws does not apply in a country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us at Baüne® Health Information Policy
or at email@example.com
for any questions or concerns.
B. Data contoller and Processor
Baüne® 4th Flr. Enterprise Square, 10230 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB is the data controller for the data collected in connection with use of Baüne®'s services anywhere else.
Baüne®, the 3A Ready retail ad platform, by Baüne® fosters dynamic brands and targeted audiences' interactions.
Baüne® is the controller and a processor of the personal data submitted and collected through the website, services or applications (apps). Being the controllers means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
By submitting an online application for a new account on our website or applications you will be entitle and will be informed of a request for consent in a manner which is clearly distinguishable from other matters, in an intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear language. The controller will only then use the data from consent from the user. Consent is therefore given only through an affirmative act by the user (data subject).
You can opt out of this at any time in our setting tab or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
C. The data we collect
Baüne® collects the data provided by users to Baüne®, such as information request or published on account creation, services, website or applications. For example, In Canada, any data, including users, statistics, and volume, is available to Baüne® exclusively in Canada. This data is important in accountability procedures in cases of privacy violations. In addition, sensitive or Personally Identifiable Information (PII) such as age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type, medical records, opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, payment information, etc.
This also includes: Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data Data from other sources, such as Baüne® partners and third parties that use Baüne® APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Baüne®:
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as Baüne® partners and third parties that use Baüne® APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Baüne®:
1.Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Baüne® accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), birthdate, signature, and photo.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys and vision sensor.
- User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact Baüne® customer support, provide ratings, or otherwise contact Baüne®. This may include feedback, photographs or other collected by users.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services.
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, vision sensor data, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Health Data: We collect personal health data as stated in our Health Information Policy.
3. Data from other sources: We enable users to communicate with Baüne through Baüne’s mobile apps and websites. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- Baüne® account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Baüne® business partners through which users create or access their Baüne® account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use Baüne®'s APIs or whose APIs Baüne® uses.
- Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Personal Information relating to our employees as necessary to run our business and Personal Information submitted by job applicants.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers including Personal Information related to users and or business partners who we believe might be interested in our Products and media and industry contacts for use in marketing and promotional activity.
Baüne® may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession. The data we collect that allows us to:
- Contact you, analyze how you interact with our website, app, features, services and fix bugs.
- Deliver personalized insights as your trusted health companion, part of the service we provide is processing the health data that you choose to enter and agree to share in the Baüne® services, website or applications.
- Advance scientific research on health with the removal of all personal identifiers' features.
Baüne® is vigilant on providing and giving extra protection to your sensitive health data. We do not share any of the data you track with third parties for their use, nor do we allow others to advertise their products in our app.
D. How we use personal data
Baüne® collects and uses data to enable reliable retailing, distribution, delivery, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services.
- To provide customer and technical support.
- To enhance research and development of IoT platform and AI capability.
- To provide users profiles for our products and services.
- To enable the use of our products and services.
- To provide information in connection with legal proceedings.
Baüne® uses the data it collects for purposes including:
1. Safety and security: We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- User device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- User ratings and feedback to encourage compliance with our Community Guidelines and as grounds for deactivating business partners who have violated such guidelines in certain countries.
2. Customer support: Baüne® uses the information we collect to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer and technical support team.
- Investigate and address user concerns.
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes.
3. Research and development: Baüne® may use the data collected for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. Including to:
- Improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, improve our ability to prevent the use of our services for illegal or improper purposes, develop new features and products, and finance solutions in connection with our services.
- To develop an automated decision-making, Artificial Intelligence (AI) learning machine and Internet of Things (IoT). We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes matching available products to users requesting services. Users can be matched based on product request, proximity, and other factors.
4. Marketing and Non-marketing material: Baüne® may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes:
- Sending users communications about Baüne® services, features, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events. To provide information and engage in marketing activities regarding our products.
- Collect and send data to personalize the marketing communications experience based on Baüne® product location, user past use of Baüne®'s services, and user preferences and settings.
- Baüne® may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Baüne® or its partners.
- Baüne® may use the data to bill our user’s and communicate with them regarding their accounts.
5. Providing product and services: Baüne® uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services. This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Track and share the progress of transactions or deliveries.
- Enable features to personalize users’ Baüne® accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite products or business partners, and to enable quick access to preferable products or business partners. Please see the section of this notice titled “Choice and transparency” to learn how to object to this use of personal data.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
6. Legal proceedings and requirements: Baüne® may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Baüne®'s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
E. When do we share the data
Baüne® does not sell, rents or share user’s personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, or for purposes unconnected to our uses of the information described above. However, we may provide personal information to Baüne®'s partners to accomplish the uses described above. Data sharing could include:
- Parties which we contract with to help us provide the products or services, including subcontractors, agents and third-party service providers (for example data centers).
- Parties who assist us in our marketing and promotional programs.
- Parties which assist us with payment processing services.
Baüne® will provide the third parties with the minimum amount of personal information necessary to fulfill the terms of the predetermined service or transaction, and none of these third parties are permitted to use your personal information except for the purpose of providing a specific service on behalf of Baüne®. For example, Baüne® ensures that personal information (PI) in its custody or under its control is stored only in Canada and accessed only in Canada, unless one of the following applies:
- If the individual the information is about has identified the information and has consented, in the prescribed manner, to its being stored in or accessed from, as applicable, another jurisdiction.
- If it is stored in or accessed from another jurisdiction for the purpose of disclosure allowed under the jurisdiction legal laws.
At the User’s consent, Baüne® will only use or share your information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this policy. In order to let us know your preferences, we will require an action on your part, such as checking the appropriate option, to indicate your consent.
F. Cookies and third-party technologies
- Authenticating users.
- Remembering user preferences and settings.
- Determining the popularity of content.
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services.
G. Data Sharing and disclosure
Some of Baüne®'s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Baüne® may share the data we collect:
1. With other users, this includes sharing: Users’ first name, rating, and Baüne® locations.
2. At the user’s request, this includes sharing data with: Baüne® business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Baüne® may share certain data with those third parties. This may include, for example, other services, platforms, apps or websites that integrate with our APIs.
3. With the general public, questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Baüne® blogs and Baüne® social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With the Baüne® account owner, if a user requests an order using an account owned by another party, we may share their order information, including real-time location data, with the owner of that account.
5. With Baüne® partners, subsidiaries and affiliates. We share data with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Baüne® processes and stores data in Azure on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
6. With Baüne® service providers and business partners, Baüne® provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Background check and identity verification providers.
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Baüne® or on Baüne®'s behalf.
- Business Partners that assist Baüne® to enhance the safety and security of its website and apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers.
- Insurance and financing partners.
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute, Baüne® may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, other government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies; to protect Baüne®'s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share your personal data, including order information, with the owner of that credit card.
8. With consent, Baüne® may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
H. Data retention and deletion: The Right to be Forgetten
Upon verification and user's consent, Baüne® retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their Baüne® account. Data retention includes:
- Data related to users who are contacted for marketing and promotional purposes is retained until they indicate they no longer wish to be contacted (for example, unsubscribing from email solicitations).
- Data related to users will generally be deleted when the purpose for which the information was being used no longer exists.
- Data related to a user is retained while the business partners-user relationship is in place and to complete any post-termination transactions or until Baüne® is advised that the user is no longer associated with that business partners.
Baüne® provides individual rights when the user (Subject Data) request the Right to be forgotten. This means user’s can request to erase the data Baüne®/ Baüne® has collected on them from our system.
Unless otherwise stated, Baüne® may retain certain information if necessary, for purposes of legal obligations or public interest, safety, security, and fraud prevention. For example, if Baüne® deactivates a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Baüne® may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Baüne® account in the future for a maximum of one month.
Other legal reasons for retaining information include:
- Information where Baüne®/ Baüne® are legally obligated to do so including as subpoenas or court orders.
- Information in connection with the investigation, prevention or assisting law enforcement with respect to suspected or known illegal activities, fraud, threats, violations of our terms of service, or as otherwise required by law.
I. How you can control your data?
Baüne® provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Baüne®'s handling of user data. Baüne® may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent, but You as the User (Data Subject) have the right to:
- Request and to receive the personal data Baüne®/ Baüne® have collected about you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format that can be easily transferred to another data controlled. In other words, to request information about whether Baüne® holds personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding or using it.
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Opt-out or object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest.
- Object to automated decision-making, including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
- Request for objection and restriction and create a complain on the processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it, or that we limit our use of your data. Baüne® may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
- Withdraw consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior its withdrawal. For Personal Health Information (PHI), see our Health Policy
- Request the Right to be forgotten. You have the right to request to us the complete deletion of the data Baüne®/ Baüne® has collected from you from our system. Unless otherwise stated, Baüne® may retain certain information, if necessary, for purposes of legal obligations or public interest, safety, security, and fraud prevention.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is another security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Please exercise your rights wisely and note that abuse of rights may entail your liability. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at Baüne® Health Information Policy
or at email@example.com
Your Choice and Our Transparency
Baüne® enables users to access and control the data that Baüne® collects, including through:
- Website and In-app Privacy Settings.
- Device Permissions.
- Website and In-app Privacy Settings.
- Marketing opt-outs.
Baüne® also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that Baüne® restrict its processing of user personal data.
Settings menus in Baüne®'s website and app give the user the ability to set or update their location-sharing preferences and their preferences for receiving notifications from Baüne®. Information about these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings is described below:
1.Baüne® uses users’ device location services. Location data helps improve our product offering, services and customer support.
2.Users may enable or disallow Baüne® to collect location data from their account website through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Baüne® website. Users can enable or disallow such collections through the settings on their mobile device. Services will not perform as a result of this privacy setting change.
3.Users may enable or disallow Baüne® to collect location data from their mobile devices through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Baüne® app. Users can enable or disallow such collections through the settings on their mobile device as well. Services will not perform as a result of this privacy setting change.
Notifications: Account updates
Baüne® provides users with status notifications and updates related to activity on their account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Baüne® user’s account website or app and cannot be disabled. However, users may choose the method by which they receive these notifications through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Baüne® user’s account website or app.Notifications: Discounts and news
Users may enable Baüne® to send push notifications about discounts and news from Baüne®. Push notifications may be enabled or disabled through the Settings > Privacy menus in the Baüne® user’s account website or app.Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the Baüne® app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the Baüne® app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission. Services will not perform as a result of this privacy setting change.Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Baüne®. Users may opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Baüne® by following the unsubscribe instructions in those messages
J. Update to this notice
Baüne® may occasionally update this notice. Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.
If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through the Baüne® website and apps or through other means, such as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices. Should you have any questions or comments as for this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org